Slip type and Weld-in Block
General purpose for use on all fluids, combines features of orifice plate and flow nozzle.
Lower pressure loss than orifice plate and lower cost than flow nozzle.
Easy installation, fits between flanges.
Accuracy +/- 5%, with flow rig cal +/- 2% percent
Does not conform to BS1042 or ISO5167
- High velocity flow measurement of non-viscous fluids
- Suitable for abrasive fluids or fluids with suspended solids
- Commonly used on steam boiler plant and in steam distribution
- Accurate and reliable with low pressure loss and long installed life
- Materials 316SS, monel, bronze, aluminium or hastelloy-C
- Slip type (between existing flanges), or weld-in nozzle block
- ISA-1932 nozzle or long radius body types
- Line sizes from 50 to 300 mm
We recommend the flow nozzle for accurate reliable flow measurement. It has a long working life in difficult process environments and can easily be installed and maintained by non-technical staff in remote locations.
Flow metering accuracy, unlike many modern electronic flow instruments, can be checked by physical inspection of internal bore and careful measurement with vernier calipers.